You need language skills beyond the scope of a General German course? Perhaps you’re a doctor, for example, and need to learn specific vocabulary to effectively communicate with patients and staff. Maybe pronunciation training is of particular interest to you. Browse through our selection of Special Courses, taught by teachers with specialised knowledge for students with specific needs.
Language Course for Professionals: C1 Medicine
• 16 weeks / 400 teaching units
• 25 units per week
• Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 12:45 pm
• Number of participants: 3 - 8
• Funded by BAMF (Federal Office for Migration and Refugees)
In order to work as a doctor in Germany, you must have a solid command of German at a C1 level and pass the specialist language test for the medical associations of the federal states. To take this course, you should already have competencies at a B2 level.
In a small group, we will prepare you thoroughly for the exam, but not only that.
You will also learn how to express yourself appropriately and clearly in various hospital case-study situations and practice how to use the German language independently and flexibly.
In typical conversational situations (consultations amongst doctors, discussions with patients and relatives) you will hone your linguistic expression, consolidate your writing skills and acquire the necessary background knowledge about the medical world in Germany.
Through these methods, you are not only well prepared for the exam, but also for your future professional activity as a doctor.
B2 - C1
Online Preparation Course for the German Medical Language Fachsprachprüfung (FSP)
- 12 weeks / 240 teaching units
- 20 units per week
- Online lessons, Mon. to Fri. from 1:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Participants: 4 to 8
- Start: September 27th, 2021
- Course fee: € 2400, -
This course is aimed at doctors and physicians around the world who would like to prepare for a job as a doctor in Germany.
In many federal states in Germany, you have to pass a specialist language test at the relevant Medical Board (Ärztekammer). This course will prepare you for the exam in terms of content and language. In typical conversational settings such as anamnesis, consultations and patient introductions, you will consolidate your knowledge of German and acquire typical idioms and subject-specific vocabulary. You will need this not only for the exam, but also in your everyday professional life as a doctor in Germany.
The prerequisite for this course is good knowledge of B2 level German, which can be proved by means of a certificate or an online placement test. A detailed consultation will also take place before the start of the course.
- 27 Sep 2021
- 1 x per week parallel to a group course
- Levels A1–B1 and B2–C1
- Max. 8 participants
This seminar improves each participant's pronunciation by targeting individual as well as common difficulties, allowing you to communicate more effectively in your private and professional life. Correct pronunciation is practiced in authentic situations.
Strategies to learn the correct word stress as well as sentence intonation will be introduced and applied. Mastery of pronunciation and intonation encourages participants to speak and practice more German for increased independence both in learning the language and living in Germany.
Conversation course B2/C1
- 5–8 participants, max. 10
- 4 teaching units per week
- Levels B2–C1
- Saturdays, 9:00am–12:15pm
A variety of topics based on current events from Germany and the rest of the world form the basis of high-level, lively discussions led by experienced teachers. You’ll have fun talking about interesting topics and learning to:
- structure longer speeches
- find the most appropriate words and tone for every situation
- defend your point of view spontaneously and fluently
- 5 weeks €200
- 10 weeks €380
A one-time registration fee of €30 is due before your first course with us starts.
- 04 Sep 2021
- 13 Nov 2021
Workshop: Business German
- Compact course on the weekend
- Realistic business scenarios
- Ideal preparation for your job interview
In this workshop, you’ll practice appropriate German communication for situations at work. The focus here is on speaking, since confident oral communication is important both in finding a good job and developing a successful career.
In addition to training communication on the phone, with colleagues and clients, you’ll also learn important writing skills and conventions for letters and emails while gaining insight into intercultural differences in working life.
- Successful communication (Telephoning, negotiations, presentations, small talk)
- Good writing, including standard business language (emails, letters, minutes, job applications)
- Business vocabulary (client care, marketing, logistics, management, idioms)
- Language strategies (politeness, criticism, successful bargaining
- Flexible times
- Focus on individual goals in one-to-one lessons, fun communication practice in a group
- Tailor-made packages
- Faster progress
With this combination, you get the advantages of both group instruction and individual lessons that can be planned individually. Ideal, for example, if you are already working and have specific goals you want to achieve.
- Lessons are scheduled flexibly with your teacher
- Appointments can be cancelled up to 24 hours before they start (until 4:00 pm on Friday for lessons on Mondays.
Group lessons in Evening Courses - communicative practice with other learners with similar goals at the same level.
- If you cannot attend a group lesson, you can save the appointment for a later date.