You need language skills beyond the scope of a General German course? Perhaps you’re a doctor, for example, and need to learn specific vocabulary to effectively communicate with patients and staff. Maybe pronunciation training is of particular interest to you. Browse through our selection of Special Courses, taught by teachers with specialised knowledge for students with specific needs.
- 1 x per week parallel to a group course
- Levels A1–B1 and B2–C1
- Max. 8 participants
This seminar improves each participant's pronunciation by targeting individual as well as common difficulties, allowing you to communicate more effectively in your private and professional life. Correct pronunciation is practiced in authentic situations.
Strategies to learn the correct word stress as well as sentence intonation will be introduced and applied. Mastery of pronunciation and intonation encourages participants to speak and practice more German for increased independence both in learning the language and living in Germany.
Conversation course B2/C1
- 5–8 participants, max. 10
- 4 teaching units per week
- Levels B2–C1
- Fridays, 9:00am–12:15pm
A variety of topics based on current events from Germany and the rest of the world form the basis of high-level, lively discussions led by experienced teachers. You’ll have fun talking about interesting topics and learning to:
- structure longer speeches
- find the most appropriate words and tone for every situation
- defend your point of view spontaneously and fluently
- 4 weeks €96
- 10 weeks €220
A one-time registration fee of €30 is due before your first course with us starts.
- 19 Jul 2019
- 27 Sep 2019
- 20 Dec 2019
Workshop: Business German
- Compact course on the weekend
- Realistic business scenarios
- Ideal preparation for your job interview
In this workshop, you’ll practice appropriate German communication for situations at work. The focus here is on speaking, since confident oral communication is important both in finding a good job and developing a successful career.
In addition to training communication on the phone, with colleagues and clients, you’ll also learn important writing skills and conventions for letters and emails while gaining insight into intercultural differences in working life.
- Successful communication (Telephoning, negotiations, presentations, small talk)
- Good writing, including standard business language (emails, letters, minutes, job applications)
- Business vocabulary (client care, marketing, logistics, management, idioms)
- Language strategies (politeness, criticism, successful bargaining
Workshop: German for Doctors
- Flexible bookings
- Focus on doctors’ everyday activities
- Preparation for telc B2/C1 Medizin
These courses are ideal for doctors from all fields whose goal is to work in Germany. Experienced teachers with language examiner qualifications in Medical German teach these courses. The workshop ends with the exam telc Deutsch B2/C1 Medizin (telc German B2/C1 Medicine).
Doctors train their German in authentic situations from their day-to-day work. Typical spoken interactions (doctor-to-doctor discussions, discussion of medical history, talking to a patient’s family, etc.) as well as written communication (patient charts, doctor’s letters) are included in the course. Particular focus is placed on the intercultural competencies that play an especially important role in your professional success.
These courses are available as in-house training upon demand. Course content and times are adjusted based on the parameters your institute provides for each training course.
- Flexible times
- Focus on individual goals in one-to-one lessons, fun communication practice in a group
- Taylor-made packages
- Faster progress
With this combination, you get the advantages of both group instruction and individual lessons that can be planned individually. Ideal, for example, if you are already working and have specific goals you want to achieve.
- Lessons are scheduled flexibly with your teacher
- Appointments can be cancelled up to 24 hours before they start (until 4:00 pm on Friday for lessons on Mondays.
Group lessons in Evening Courses - communicative practice with other learners with similar goals at the same level.
- If you cannot attend a group lesson, you can save the appointment for a later date.