The goal of an Integration course is the successful passing of the final exam. By passing the DTZ, you show that you have reached one of the main goals of the Integration Course. The test certifies your level A2-B1 German language skills and is suitable as proof of language for citizenship in Germany.
DTZ language exam
- Language level required for naturalisation
- Graded on scale (A2–B1)
- Final exam for integration course
- In combination with the “Life in Germany” test comprises the “Zertifikat Integrationskurs”
In the DTZ language exam, two language levels are examined simultaneously. The test offers a analysis of your language skills in various areas at the A2 and B1 levels. Though the test is graded on a scale, BAMF requires an overall B1 result to fulfill their language requirements. After also passing the “Life in Germany” Test, you receive the "Zertifikat Integrationskurs".
- The DTZ certificates are sent to us approximately three weeks after the test date and are available for pick up from our front desk.
- Should you receive an A2 certificate for the DTZ, you can apply to the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge - BAMF) to retake the test with an additional 300 teaching units of lessons to review. The test is included as long as you have regularly taken part in the integration course.
- self-paying participant €140
BAMF supported participants excluded.
- 23 Jul 2022 Closing date: 23 Jun 2022 Late entry until: 07 Jul 2022
- 20 Aug 2022 Closing date: 21 Jul 2022 Late entry until: 03 Aug 2022
- 17 Sep 2022 Closing date: 18 Aug 2022 Late entry until: 01 Sep 2022
- 29 Oct 2022 Closing date: 29 Sep 2022 Late entry until: 14 Sep 2022
- 26 Nov 2022 Closing date: 26 Oct 2022 Late entry until: 12 Oct 2022
- 17 Dec 2022 Closing date: 18 Nov 2022 Late entry until: 03 Dec 2022
- 28 Jan 2023 Closing date: 28 Dec 2022 Late entry until: 11 Jan 2023
- 25 Feb 2023 Closing date: 26 Jan 2023 Late entry until: 10 Feb 2023
- 25 Mar 2023 Closing date: 23 Feb 2023 Late entry until: 10 Mar 2023
- 27 May 2023 Closing date: 28 Apr 2023 Late entry until: 12 May 2023
- 24 Jun 2023 Closing date: 24 May 2023 Late entry until: 09 Jun 2023
By passing this exam, you certify your language ability at the A2 or B1 level. Please be aware that late entries can only be accepted under certain circumstances. A €20 fee applies to all late registrations accepted. Registration and late registration deadlines: 3:00pm on the above-listed dates.
Life in Germany test
- Multiple choice test
- 33 questions on history, politics and other socially relevant topics
- In combination with the “DTZ” test it forms the “Zertifikat Integrationskurs”.
- only for residents of the federal state of Baden-Württemberg
The “Life in Germany” test takes place at the end of the Orientation course, which also serves as preparation for the test. The test itself consists of 33 questions about socially relevant themes such as religion, history and politics. A passing grade certifies important basic knowledge of German society. When passed in combination with the DTZ, you have met two of the requirements for naturalisation as a German citizen. You’ll find more information about BAMF appointments and costs here:
- self-paying participant €25
BAMF supported participants excluded.
- 26 Apr 2022 Closing date: 01 Apr 2022
- 25 May 2022 Closing date: 29 Apr 2022
- 25 Jul 2022 Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
- 19 Sep 2022 Closing date: 24 Aug 2022
- 17 Nov 2022 Closing date: 04 Oct 2022
- 26 Jan 2023 Closing date: 13 Dec 2022
- 23 Mar 2023 Closing date: 08 Feb 2023
- 24 May 2023 Closing date: 05 Apr 2023
- 21 Jul 2023 Closing date: 07 Jun 2023
Registration and late registration deadlines: 3:00pm on the above-listed dates