Topic-specific seminars provide opportunities to practice your English in different contexts while learning about a particular skill or subject.
We offer different topics based on the expertise of our teachers, who come from a diverse set of backgrounds. Check back regularly or connect with us on Facebook to see what’s on offer!
Business Workshop - Online
Business Workshops are designed to develop specific skills in a short amount of time. We focus on practical exercises in small groups for intensive learning. Topics range from e-mail and report writing to telephoning, negotiations and presentations.
- Start date: 7th of September 2021
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Wednesdays 18:15–20:45
- 3–6 participants
- Price: €399
WEEK 1 & 2: EFFECTIVE E-MAILING
- Language and tips for emailing in English to people from different cultural backgrounds
- Correct punctuation usage, reading between the lines as well as practice writing and formatting of emails
WEEK 3 & 4: REPORT AND PROPOSAL WRITING
- Keep it short, simple and structured with language that communicates ideas succinctly and accurately.
- How to use, find source materials and utilize existing material tailored to your specific field
WEEK 5 & 6: TELEPHONING BETWEEN CULTURES
- Learn phrases and language for telephoning as well as important cultural differences.
- Learn when small-talk is appropriate and understand the dos and donts when conversing with global colleagues.
WEEK 7 & 8: NEGOTIATION LANGUAGE AND SKILLS
- Develop language for negotiating in English and engage in debate.
- Practise brainstorming and pitching ideas.
WEEK 9 & 10: ENGLISH FOR MEETINGS
- Diplomatic language for effective meetings in English
- Understanding modal verb structures (for example) to get your message across professionally
WEEK 11 & 12: PRESENTATIONS IN ENGLISH
- Prepare and practise presenting in English with professional feedback from our teachers.
- Present your preferred topic to the teacher and the class in week 12 with constructive feedback.
English for Academic Purposes
English language for academic settings. These courses are designed for students, lecturers, administrators and all people who need to engage in academic discussions and writing.
- Levels C1 and C2
- Three sessions of three hours each
- 3–10 participants
- Registration deadline two weeks before course start
- Learn how to express yourself and support your arguments with elan.
Dos and taboos in different cultures. Learn what to do and what to watch out for when dealing with people from other cultures. This includes not only how not to offend, but how to bring partners closer.
- 3-hour sessions with a coffee break
- Asian cultures
- United States
- The British Isles
- South Africa
- Australia/New Zealand
- 3–10 participants
- registration deadline two weeks before course start
B1-C2 English Conversation Class
The goal of the conversation course is the acquisition of communicative competence and the motto is "learn from and with each other". The course is intended for everyone with English level B1, B2, C1 or C2. It’s also a great opportunity to practice speaking with people with different English levels, because when we speak English, it’s not always with native English speakers.
- Once a week on Thursdays
- From 18:30 - 20:30
- Start any time
- Possible Topics: vacation & travel, politics & religion, dating, relationships & flirting techniques, social issues, and other suggestions from you
- One topic per appointment
- 8 visits à 120 minutes €160
- 12 visits à 120 minutes €200
A one-time registration fee of €30 is due before your first course with us starts.