This test is the ideal certification of German language abilities for everyone wishing to study in Germany. Each year over 27,000 people take part in the TestDaF exam, making it one of the most important language certificates in Germany for non-German university applicants. The TestDaF exam takes place six times per year. The anglo-german institute offers all exam dates. TestDaF is recognised by all colleges and universities in Germany. As a rule, a TestDaF level 4 is sufficient for admission. Information on registration, exam dates and preparation courses can be found here:
TestDaF Preparation Package
- Completed B2 language level
- Individual consultation and support
- Welcome pack and registration fee included
The “TestDaF Preparation Package” includes a two-week TestDaF preparation course as well as the associated exam which can be taken at our institute. Our senior teachers will also be available to advise you during weekly consultations on the topics of "TestDaF" and "Studying in Germany".
- 2 weeks €750
TestDaF Exam paper-based
- Admission to German universities
- Written parts are paper based
- Oral exam is computer-based
- Free placement test for those interested in taking the exam
TestDaF is for everyone who already possesses excellent German language skills and wishes to have them certified. The TestDaF levels correspond to the B2 and C1 levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The exam consists of four parts: reading comprehension, listening comprehension, written expression and oral expression.The certificate is recognised by all universities and colleges as a reliable evaluation of your language level with life-long validity.
- 09 Mar 2023 Anmeldezeitraum: 22.11.2022 - 09.02.2023
- 11 May 2023 Anmeldezeitraum: 22.11.2022 - 13.04.2023
- 26 Jul 2023 Anmeldezeitraum: 31.05.2023 - 28.06.2023
- 11 Oct 2023 Anmeldezeitraum: 16.08.2023 - 13.09.2023
- 30 Nov 2023 Anmeldezeitraum: 05.10.2023 - 02.11.2023
TestDaF Exam digital
- Recognized by all German universities
- Computer-based written and speaking examinations
- Direct registration via the TestDaF website
As of 2022 you can now take the official TestDaF exam entirely on a computer. This version of the exam is also recognized by all universities and colleges in Germany. With the digital TestDaF exam, you also receive separate assessments for each of the test components i.e. reading, listening, writing and speaking. However, the tasks are much more varied and you’ll receive your certificate earlier than with the paper-based test.
For the digital exam version, please register directly via the TestDaF website: www.testdaf.de. The digital exam takes place on site (at the anglo-german institute).
- 14 Feb 2023 Registration period: 09 Jan 2023–06 Feb 2023
- 11 Apr 2023 Registration period: 06 Mar 2023–03 Apr 2023
- 13 Jun 2023 Registration period: 08 May 2023–05 Jun 2023
- 08 Aug 2023 Anmeldezeitraum: 03.07.2023 - 31.07.2023
- 12 Sep 2023 Anmeldezeitraum: 07.08.2023 - 04.09.2023
- 26 Oct 2023 Anmeldezeitraum: 20.09.2023 - 13.10.2023
- 21 Nov 2023 Anmeldezeitraum: 16.10.2023 - 13.11.2023
TestDaF Preparation courses compact
- Targeted preparation using various sample tests
- Guaranteed seat in the TestDaF exam
- Preparation course TestDaF as a block seminar (2 weeks)
- Workbook ISBN: 978-3-06-020311-6
- Hybrid Course: virtual and traditional classroom learning
We want you to feel well-prepared for your exam! Our targeted preparation courses include preparation for all parts of the test: reading comprehension, listening comprehension, written expression and oral expression.
- 2 weeks €285
A one-time registration fee of €30 is due before your first course with us starts.
Answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the TestDaF exam.
- Who can register for a TestDaF exam at the anglo-german institute?
In principle, anyone can register for a TestDaF exam. However, we recommend that you already have a C1 language level. All participants require a valid identity card or passport.
- When can I register for the TestDaF exam?
- How can I register for a TestDaF exam?
To apply for the digital exam version, please register directly on the TestDaF website www.testdaf.de.
You can only register for the paper-based exam at the reception desk of the anglo-german institute and not on our website. After paying the examination fee (in cash or with an EC card), you will receive a transaction number (TAN) with which you can register your TestDaF exam online.
Please be aware of the TestDaF registration windows for both versions of the exam.
- Do I have to visit a preparation course?
The preparation course not only guarantees you a seat on exam day, but also high-quality, targeted preparation for the exam. Of course you are also free to visit a preparation course without booking a seat in the exam.
- Can I retake the exam?
The exam can be retaken as often as you like.
- When do I get my results?
TestDaF publish exam-dates and results-announcement dates at the same time. Via the TestDaF participant portal, results for paper-based exams can be viewed approximately five weeks after the exam. You will be able to download and print out your certificate from the participant portal about six weeks after the exam.
For the digital test, results and certificates are available approximately four weeks later.