This test is the ideal certification of German language abilities for everyone wishing to study in Germany. Each year over 27,000 people take a TestDaF exam, making it one of the most important language certificates in Germany for non-German university applicants. The test takes place on a computer.
TestDaF is recognised by all colleges and universities in Germany. As a rule, a TestDaF level 4 is sufficient for admission.
TestDaF Exam digital
- Recognized by all German universities
- Computer-based written and speaking examinations
- Direct registration via the TestDaF website
Answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the TestDaF exam.
- Who can register for a TestDaF exam at the anglo-german institute?
In principle, anyone can register for a TestDaF exam. However, we recommend that you already have a C1 language level. All participants require a valid identity card or passport.
- When can I register for the TestDaF exam?
- How can I register for a TestDaF exam?
To apply for the digital exam version, please register directly on the TestDaF website www.testdaf.de.
Please be aware of the TestDaF registration window of your chosen exam.
- Can I retake the exam?
The exam can be retaken as often as you like.
- When do I get my results?
Results and certificates are available approximately four weeks after your exam date.